The Ohio University Survivor Advocacy Program (OU SAP) is currently seeking applicants for Peer Advocates.
Applicants must have strong public speaking and interpersonal skills, as well as compassion and commitment to the program. Those accepted to the program must commit to a full academic year in the program (2011-2012) and complete a 4-credit-hour class during Spring Quarter.
Duties of Peer Advocates:
– Develop educational programs for the campus community
– Raise awareness through vigils, media campaigns and collaborations with other campus groups
– Work as a team to create a SAFE campus environment
– Provide crisis intervention and one-on-one advocacy for survivors
– Sign-up for on-call weekend or overnight shifts
– Work as a team to share information and resources on campus
Advocates gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of sexual violence, practical experience in crisis intervention, advocacy and education, personal skill development and growth.
Application deadline is January 24. Peer Advocate Application